At Aucello EyeCare Center, our care goes well beyond your annual eye exam. Although eye exams are crucial, at our eye doctor in Newington or our South Windsor optometrist, we also provide necessary discovery, management and monitoring of serious eye conditions. We use optomapping, imaging with advanced wide-field retinal imaging technology, to help detect early signs of eye disease so proper treatment can begin promptly.
Eye Disease Management from Our Newington Optometrist
- Glaucoma: Diagnosed with eye pressure testing by our eye doctor in Newington, this disease must be properly managed to limit damage to your optic nerve. As the first line defense against glaucoma vision loss, we may prescribe eye drops to reduce intraocular pressure. If necessary, we can refer you for laser treatment or eye surgery.
- Dry Eye: Reduced tear production is uncomfortable and puts you at risk for eye infection and damaging chronic inflammation. Let our optometrist in Newington help you control the disease and increase tear production with prescription or over-the-counter eye drops, or use tear duct plugs to prevent tear drainage.
- Cataracts: Cataracts cause your eye’s lens to become cloudy and blurs your vision. We can help you compensate for the vision problems cataracts can bring with prescription eyeglasses. Our South Windsor optometrist will recommend cataract surgery when it becomes necessary.
- Macular Degeneration: This age-related deterioration of the retina can be discovered early, when it is most treatable, at your annual comprehensive eye exam using Optomap technology. Our eye doctor in South Windsor can help with low-vision devices or refer you for laser eye surgery.
- Conjunctivitis: This contagious pink eye infection can also cause itching, swelling and watery eyes with discharge. It is treated depending upon its type and cause; typically allergies, bacteria or a virus.
- Diabetic Retinopathy: Diabetes can lead to retinal blood vessel damage, making frequent eye exams essential. Early detection by our Newington optometrist reduces your chances of vision impairment and loss. If detected, our eye doctor in South Windsor may recommend steroid treatment or refer you for laser surgery.
Visit Aucello EyeCare Center for comprehensive eye exams and proper management of serious eye conditions. Call your optometrist in Newington at 860-667-2020 or in South Windsor at 860-644-4362 today.